I am thankful today for many things… healthy children, a warm home, a safe and loving husband, family and an abundance of food and gifts from God. I am not trying to take away from the import of the day, but instead add a little levity. What I am most thankful for is the gift of laughter. In a world that seems grim, sometimes just having a good laugh is better than most everything else. So, here is my Thanksgiving gift to you…laughter. Do yourself a favor and hit play. For the 2 million of you that have already seen it, laugh again. Presenting, in four part acapella harmony…John Williams is the Man…performed by Corey Vidal. And if you are wondering what he just sang, here are the words… http://www.moosebutter.com/lyrics.php/3 Happy Thanksgiving!
Help…Do I Mac or PC? April 28, 2008
Ok, I know that I am igniting a feud… on a Hatfield vs McCoy proportion… but I honestly need help. So, for all you Mac Genius’s and PC Savants… here is the question. I am looking at purchasing a new laptop…and am not sure if I should leave my old PC behind for a Mac, or stick with what I know. So, in order to guide your advice…I have listed what I actually use my computer for currently…
1. Writing – I am only willing to use Microsoft Word…I am to old to learn a new word processing program. I write books, and other such rambles and rants. What is the benefit of having a Mac to all you writer gra-uppies (uhh…granola-yuppies) out there?
2. Graphic Design – I like to dabble. I co-produce a country music show and design all the marketing materials for it. I also do side projects for friends…ect… generally in Corel.
3. Photographs – I probably have close to 40,000 digital photographs with no sign of stopping. I love photo shop, and love to edit… we call them butt-be-gone photos…guaranteed that our children will always remember us skinny 🙂 I would like to have a better way of cataloging them.
4. Blog, obviously…although I plan to expand this. I do most of my news, friends, browsing online… mp3’s, dvd sometimes
5. I do use spreadsheets, writing software, some power point, some access DB’s… but not on a daily basis.
6. Games – I like to play, however I am not a Warcraft or other huge graphics gamer…. Diner Dash does me fine
7. I like to multi-task, have multiple windows and programs open at the same time….I often research online while I write, listen to music or podcast, have photos open…
8. Regardless of what I purchase, we will still have a PC Desktop. It will need to be on speaking terms with it on our home network.
What I would like to start doing….
1. Video editing
2. Sound Files/ “Podcast” some of my self made audio files, lectures I have given, travel sound files
So, with that said… what do you think? Is it worth the BIG investment to switch to a Mac. I have, literally, 10-15 years worth of time, software, “corporate knowledge”, files wrapped up into a PC. It is a HUGE Paradigm shift…and I need to know how a Mac will be better for me than a PC…or, is it even worth it. Anyone out there have experience with taking the plunge? Love it? Hate it? Regrets? … Help!
My fellow bloggers… why Mac? why PC?
…Here is a funny little video I found that will make you chuckle… BE WARNED…it is South Park. So the language is a little raunchy in places…if that offends you, don’t even click.